Software Test Engineer
Location : Chennai
This position focuses on to perform assigned test development and verification testing on controls products. This position is located in Chennai, India.
- Participate in sprint activities like planning, stand-up meetings, retrospection
- Develop/create test cases/steps/scenarios/scripts based on user stories.
- Work on Field reported defects and analyze its root cause.
- Execute manual and automated test cases
- Analyze results, report, and track defects, verify fixes and perform follow-up work to resolve issues.
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Management
- Debug automated test scripts and evaluate results to determine the source of anomalous results.
- Execute test procedures and test scripts as part of formal acceptance test cycles and evaluate results.
- Analyze the results of test procedures and test scripts.
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Co-ordinate with team members and interact with various stake holders for updates.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in engineering. Computer science or computer engineering degree program or related field is preferred.
- 1-4 years of software Testing experience
- Knowledge on agile methodologies desired.
- Ownership experience with a product development activity for distributed team preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and orally, with good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity/experience with software test analysis and development desired.
- Familiarity/experience with test automation tools like Selenium will be an advantage.
- HVAC product knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge about Test Management Tools like JIRA, Qmetry, etc